1. Instruct the people to work to that end.
2. If you so instruct them, the times will hasten.
1. My son and the elders answered me: Has the Mighty One so dishonored us as to take you from us soon?
2. For then we shall be in darkness, and there will not be light to we who are left.
3. Who will teach us the law, or who will show how to find life rather than death?
4. I answered: The throne of the Mighty One is irresistible, but do not fear, for He shall give Israel a wise man, and a student of the law to aid the people.
5. Prepare your minds to hear the law, and listen to those to whom I give wisdom and understanding, and retain the teachings you have been given.
6. For if you are obedient, good things will come to you, and you will not face the fiery judgment which I have reported.
7. Yet, as to the return that I was to promised in the last days, I did not tell the elders and my son.
The Bible does teach eternal security, but not an unconditional eternal security. The test of all doctrines is Scripture.
II Timothy 2:15
"Rightly divide the Word of Truth."
Man is a free moral agent and the present choices may not remain long... Those who seem to prosper now, may choose later to change and end up in the torments of hell.
If a saved man chooses to deny Jesus and return to a life of sin, he incurs the same damnation as though he were never saved.
Ezekiel 18:4, 24
"the soul that sinneth, it shall die... when the righteous man turneth away... all his righteousness that he hath done, shall not be mentioned... in them (his sins) he shall die."
"...if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."
"He that soweth to the flesh, shall of the flesh reap corruption."
"Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him, let him know that he who converts the sinner from the error of his ways shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins."
I Corinthians 3:16-18, 6:9-11, 19-20
"...Know ye not, that ye are the Temple of God... If any man defile the Temple of God, Him shall God destroy."
II Timothy 2:12
"If we deny Him, He will also deny us."
Eternal security comes when we come into the inheritance.
There, after our resurrection, or rapture, we will:
a. drink the waters of righteousness
b. see and hear the damned in the lake of fire
c. see the example and hear the teaching of the saints
d. see the lying, evil devil bound, and later put into the lake of fire
e. have a new righteous nature given to us (Rev. 22:11)
"And they shall see His face; and His name shall be in their foreheads."
We shall be made eternally secure, at the time when we literally bear His name upon our foreheads.
In the Bible times, there were frequent marking of the foreheads to designate slaves, and to indicate which god people served. God did not advocate permanent markings as such, for He knew mankind could change their minds. Rather, God had Aaron and every high priest wear on their forehead, a frontlet (golden plate), on which was engraved the words: HOLINESS OF JEHOVAH. (Ex. 28:36-38)
Until the Lord Himself puts His name on our foreheads, we can choose to not be His. Our choices here can still change, and we must continually choose to "retain the teachings."