1. Hear now also the interpretation of the bright lightning which comes after the end of the black waters.
2. After the events already foretold occur, while the nations are still in turbulence, the Messiah will come. He will summon all peoples, sparing some, and slaying others.
3 Those spared will be those whom He chooses.
4. Those who has not mistreated Israel will be spared.
5. All nations will have come into contact with My people.
6. All those who have ruled wickedly over you, or have taken advantage over you will be given to the sword.
Following the end of the tribulation, the peoples of this earth will be gathered before the Lord. He will judge them as "sheep and goats". The sheep are those who have not mistreated His people. The goats are those who have mistreated His people. The goats will be sent to hell. The sheep will be allowed to enter the Millennium, and be ruled and reigned over by we the saints.
"When the Son of Man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit down upon the throne of His glory: and before Him shall be gathered all nations; and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats. And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand, 'Come ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom... for I was hungred and ye gave Me meat, I was thirsty, and ye gave Me drink... Lord, when saw we Thee an hungred, and fed Thee? ... inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these, My brethren, ye have done it unto Me... unto them on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, ye cursed... these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into life eternal."
The length of this judgment is 45 days. This we know because of Daniel 12:11-13. Here we see that the last half of the tribulation is 1260 days, but the cleansing of the temple is not completed until 1290 days. That 30 days is for the battle of Armageddon, and the bringing of the Jews in Petra back to Jerusalem. Then after the cleansing of the temple, Jesus judges the peoples left alive to see who will enter into the millennial age.
"Blessed is he that waiteth and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days."
So another 45 days (1290 to 1335) passes before people can truly be sure they are entering into the millennium. That 45 day judgment will determine who will survive the tribulation.
1. When the Messiah has conquered all that is in the world, and has sat down upon His throne, happiness and rest will appear.
2. Healing will descend in the dew, disease will depart, fear and weeping will digress, and gladness will be upon the whole earth.
3. None will die untimely, and no adversity shall ensue.
4. Discrimination, reviling, dissensions, vengeance, murder, evil appetites, resentments, hatred, and such things shall withdraw.
5. For these things have filled the world with evils, and because of them the lives of people have been made miserable.
6. Wild beasts shall befriend mankind, asps, dragons shall come from their holes and play with the little child.
7. Women will no longer have pain in childbirth, and will not suffer torment in giving birth.
1. In that blessed time, reapers shall not grow weary, builders shall not become fatigued; for the curse will not hinder the completion of the work, and serenity will ensue.
2. The end of corruption will have come, and the beginning of the incorruptible will have appeared.
3. The prophecies of God will be fulfilled, and therefore evil will be overcome by the eternal.
4. This is the bright lightning which came after the black waters.
This is what Christianity has called the Millennium, due to its length of 1000 years.
The Lord Jesus will rule and reign on this earth, and Baruch is told it will be a time of:
a. happiness and rest (73:1)
b. healing coming, and diseases departing (73:2)
c. fear and weeping digressing (73:2)
d. gladness on all the earth (73:2)
e. no untimely deaths (73:3)
f. no adversity (73:3)
g. the withdrawal of discrimination, revilings, dissensions, vengeance, murder, evil appetites, resentments, and hatred (73:4)
h. wild beasts befriend mankind (73:6)
i. childbirth without pain and torment (73:7)
j. wariness and fatigue replaced by serenity (74:1)
k. incorruption replaces corruption (74:2)
l. prophecy proven true, evil overcome (74:3)